Friday 14 August 2009

Caring Talk Saves Lives

This is a shameless plug for a new kid on the blog, the bloggee being not unknown to me. Wartime Housewife is a template for our age, and even though I knew at first hand many of the recommendations contained therein, it has made me re-think my manifold sins already. This is no hippie-style crapping on about dodgy diets where you eat nothing but walnuts and boiled eggs, and it won't tell you how to crochet a bicycle. It's not an austerity whinge, and it all fits perfectly into the idea of Unmitigated England. (After all, we need home comforts when we come in from staring at corrugated iron.) No, this is plain common sense, and it's fun. Wartime Housewife does a good turn, if she'll pardon the expression, and there's something here for us all.

7 comments:

Jon Dudley said...

Not quite enough sugar, salt, fat, carbs or alcohol so far but I'll stick with her (which reminds me to flip that egg over in the pan) and see what she serves up. A bit of a warning for the black pudding boys amongst us with the mention of a 'naturopath'. Yummy graphics.

Vinogirl said...

I will go and have a look see, right now.

Wartime Housewife said...

Never be ashamed of a black pudding Jon, it is the ultimate in respect for a pig - using every bit to best advantage. Also the naturopath in question is a downright good egg, who also happens to be bookbinder to the Queen (Gawd bless 'im) so don't panic.

Jon Dudley said...

That's a relief then. Have no fear my tin-hatted one. I shall stick with you, rather like burnt snook to a cast iron frying pan. Sorry, all this should be taking place over on the utility WT blog. You're not Margaret Patten are you? Or better still our own Mr.A in a pinny?

Philip Wilkinson said...

I know Wartime Housewife to be a good egg (and not necessarily a powdered one). I shall follow her forthwith.

Jon Dudley said...

If she comes with the A&W Housekeeping seal of approval it's good enough for me.

LostinManc said...

You've put the idea into my head now - I absolutely, positively must get a crochet pattern for a bicycle.