Monday 18 September 2017

Cheese Boards

Two very satisfying books to look out for. Produced by the English Country Cheese Council, and published by Harrap's in 1957, they are small but very tasty. John Arlott and Ambrose Heath write so well about what is so obviously a great passion, and photographer John Adriaan shoots scrumptious still lifes with appropriate set dressings. A hunting print sits on the wall behind a proper Red Leicester; an oil lamp, apples and walnuts accompany a Cheddar so big it would keep you going until well past Christmas. There are notes on serving and storage and what to drink with them, and these brilliant period pieces are rolled from the presses of the inimitable W.S.Cowell in Ipswich. Time I think for a decent wedge of Stilton (Colston Bassett), a stick of celery and an Adnams Broadside.

And I've just noticed that curious striped effect on the left hand cheese. It's not a new strain of Cheddar, but the result of my negligence in not taking the clear film cover off the jacket.

11 comments:

Zephyrinus said...

Riveting Article, Peter.

Reading that made me peckish and I had to raid "The Pantry".

I also note that you and I have the same Dinner Plates Set.

Class.

Sheer Class.

Regards

Zephyrinus.

Peter Ashley said...

Yes Zeph, good old Willow Pattern. And one of the plates will soon be supporting a wedge of Colston Bassett.

Bureboyblog said...

Abbott Ale is my passion since a callow yoot but a goood Broadside will do. If Greene King had Adnam's design genius...

Peter Ashley said...

Adnams certainly know how to turn out correctly. Very refreshing when you see what some idiot has done to destroy the Marstons brand.

obat aborsi said...

Thank you very much for sharing information that will be much helpful for making coursework my effective.

Aakash said...

thank you for sharing this great article i really liked it

Biography
Music Lyrics
New Jersey Vape
Pawsome Pet Wellness
Hd Wallpaper

Unknown said...

Obat Aborsi
Obat Aborsi Cytotec Asli
Jual Obat Aborsi Tuntas
https://lapakobataborsi.com/

Jual Obat Penggugur Kandungan
Obat Aborsi
Cara Aborsi Ampuh
https://lapakobataborsi.net/

Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

pg slot (หน้าหลัก) said...

สล็อต PGSLOTแตกง่าย เล่นง่ายได้เงินจริงผู้ให้บริการเกมสล็อต pg slot ออนไลน์บนโทรศัพท์เคลื่อนที่ที่มีเกมนานาประการให้เลือก เป็นเกมรูปแบบใหม่ที่ทำเงินให้ผู้เล่นได้เงินจริง 

pg slot (หน้าหลัก) said...

โปรโมชั่น pg slot มากมาย เล่นง่ายจ่ายจริง แตกจริง ต้อง PG-สล็อต เท่านั้น! เล่นสล็อต พีจีสล็อต เว็บไซต์ตรงผู้ให้บริการเกมสล็อตออนไลน์ชั้นหนึ่ง ทกลอง เล่น ฟรี พร้อมโบนัส

pg slot said...

สล็อตออนไลน์ ยอดฮิตกับ PGSLOT เว็บน้องใหม่เแตกง่าย ปลอดภัย สะดวกเล่นได้ทุกที่ทุกเวลา รวยทางลัดได้ง่ายๆ สนุกจนลืมเวลาก็ PG SLOT ที่นี่ที่เดียว